Wildland Consultants is a progressive ecological consultancy committed to providing high quality ecological information, advice and technical services to a wide range of clients. The company has a very strong focus on the planning and implementation of ecological restoration. Company staff are based in Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua, Whakatane, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin and work nationwide.
- Assessments of ecological effects
- Ecological restoration
- Biodiversity surveys and related planning
- Vegetation surveys and assessment
- Fauna surveys
- Threatened species surveys, monitoring, and recovery planning
- Revegetation design, implementation and monitoring
- Pest plant (weed) survey, monitoring and management
- Pest animal (predators and browsers) management
- Ecological surveys and assessment of proposed land uses
- Management of natural areas
- Ecological assessments and planning
- Ecological research
- Application of the Resource Management Act 1991 (natural heritage survey and assessment of relative significance)
- Preparation and presentation of expert evidence for hearings and appeals
- Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and related analysis.
- Restoration and rehabilitation implementation
Clients include government departments, regional councils, district councils, large corporations, other consultancy firms, private landowners and businesses.