State of the Environment monitoring and reporting, carbon sequestration, ecosystem condition, management of covenants and consents, and general environmental monitoring. A wide range of techniques are available, including remote sensing, photopoints, permanent sample plots, fauna counts, transects, pest trapping, and general field inspections.
|Hebe odora in flower||Mahoe forest, Tauranga River,
Te Urewera National Forest
- Vegetation condition and trends.
- Carbon sequestration.
- State of the Environment monitoring and reporting.
- Effects of introduced pest animals and grazing/browsing.
- Pest plants.
- Threatened species population trends and management requirements.
- Shrubland and grassland.
- Geothermal vegetation.
- Wetland vegetation and fauna.
- Offshore islands.
- Indigenous fish.
- Herpetofauna (Lizards and frogs).