Pest animal impacts/effects are assessed using various techniques. Strategic plans and assessments of relative priorities for control have been prepared for different animal species and features of ecological significance.
|Understorey of red beech (Nothofagus fusca) forest|
- Pigs, deer, goats, wallabies, and possums (monitoring and control).
- Animal control priorities.
- Field survey, data analysis and report preparation.
- Predator control (rats, mustelids, cats).
- Control plans.
- Eradication planning.
- Planning and implementation.
- Monitoring (exclosures, permanent plots, photopoints, faecal pellet lines), data analysis and reporting.
|Maungapohatu, from Te Rangaakapua,
Te Urewera National Park